Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!

Sooo, true to form I suppose I sorta crawled in a hole during finals week (even though I really didn't have a whole lot of finals) and then fell off the face of the earch when I headed home :P. I tend to do that. I love my family, and thouroughly enjoy family time, and my priorities are just a lil' different when I'm home (meaning blog is not up there, sorry guys :P) Ok, so what's been up? well here's the abbreviated version....
The weekend after finals I headed to Nashvegas for Lance's Co. Christmas party. We had a lovely time! We got all dressed up and went to a NICE downtown hotel where they held a lovely dinner and had their awards (Lance got the MOMENTUM award... imagine that, someone noticed his insane ability to always have energy ;)... He was very suprised, I was not.. but I was VERY proud of him! There were only 3 awards given besides the thanks for sticking with Dave and his ideas since the beginning type awards, so the fact that he's only been there 8mo and got a major award was huge... That's my boy! Lets see, next day, we did some shoppin and then watched the UK vs UL Game (GO CATS!!!) and then I headed on home. Yay family time :) Billy and I did lots of last minute shopping and errands, including a trip to the vet and the pet store for a dogwash and toys for the pooch... never a dull moment.
Lance came back in Wed before Christmas and was in until Monday night and we did all the fun Christmas family stuff... I love it that he loves my family, and I love his too :)... We did mass with my family and presents with my Dad Christmas eve, then Midnight mass with his family and presents at his house after, then up early! And Christmas with my mom, then I joined him for Christmas with his WHOLE family at the cabin, and then to the Danhauer Christmas, then to a Party at Jeff's house as always so everyone can see everyone from highschool who always come in for like and day at Christmas and then leave, and then Louisville for the day monday for Christmas with the Haunz's. Phew. A whirlwind of Christmases.
Hung out with Billy and Jenny the rest of the week, just randomly back and forth between my mom and dad's house...Made bread/Kuka with my grandma and Jenny Tues (YUM!!) Jenny's 21st was thurs, and my dad took us to Louisville for dinner and to go to a Bourbon bar they have there (per Jenny's requested Birthday experience) but it was closed :(. so we had dinner at this nice restaurant The Captain's Quarter's and then headed back home, was a very lovely dinner and great company :).
so Lets see... oh so Lance back in friday night, and New Year's Party at Cynda's Sat. OMG, it was a blast!! We had the spread of different fun snacks and drinks c/o her cousin, but we really didn't drink much. It ended up just being a handful of us there (not a big party... about 9 people) and we played games all night, first scene it "squabble" then "catch phrase" then some sort of Rock and roll trivia something orother in which we drew numbers for teams so it was luck to get Lance on your team :P All were interesting as the first 2 are boy against girl games and we had uneven numbers, and of course the last was just dead up hilarious as of course Lance was just rocking it out. I mean come on... a question came up to "name Beatle's songs" and the teams had to go back and forth each naming a song in turn untill someone couldn't name anymore. WE ALL JUST DIED laughing. I mean I don't even know what to compare that too, except I guess it'd be kinda like if you were to pit me or you against someone IN the band you are trying to name songs from.... yeah, not a chance. lol, wild. So yeah, we then messed around with "catch phrase" just all guessing and whoever guessed right got to go next, not keeping score and not paying attention to the timer, just yelling whatever came to mind when the person with the disk started talking and laughing our butts off. I mean seriously I definately laughed off anything I ate that night :) and at 0300 we headed home. Nothin much interesting on Sunday and then Yesterday went to see King Kong with Lance and Billy and Jake and then Lance headed back to Nashville. Probly won't see him now for a month, wich should be interesting since for the last six weeks we've spent a LOT of time together due to the Holidays. Absence makes the heart grow fonder right?

My New Year's resolution: Take the book I'm reading (a MUST READ called Captivating)'s advice and open my heart and be beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home