Sunday, October 17, 2004

CATCH UP!!

Right. So I can already tell I'm probably not going to write in this near as often as I would like to, but anyways that's not the point. The point is I'm writing now and lots of stuff has happened this week so here goes....
So last weekend was the BUSY! had a band party that I wanted to go to, but ended up with my transy people and lots of HS friends who had come to visit. It was the Sig ( known as the Delta Sigs at UK) bid day party and lots of my best friends were going, so that's where we went and it was a BLAST!! I had sooooo forgotten how much I miss those boys, they are so much fun.
so then sunday, studyin, and to Keenland with Lance... yay I love watching the horses. I'm not so good at betting (apparently picking the pretty ones isn't necessarily the best method :P) but I love it anyways. Also found out that a guy from our class died in a motorcyle accident that morning. :( I wasn't that close to him, but we all knew a lot of the people that were, and he also left behind his twin and a son, so we knew this was gonna be BIG. A bunch of us got together and sent an afgan with the Footprints poem on it to Adam (his twin), but all Cynda and I could think through the whole thing was, wow. He's the first one of our classmates we've lost, and it coulda been anyone. It coulda been someone we were close too, and after spending so much time with so many classmates the night before.....just really odd, definately put a lot of stuff into a different perspective, or just into perspective in general.
so Tuesday was Katie McB's 21st! She's the first of my buddies my age to turn 21, and we had always talked about "when we turn 21..." so of course we had to go! Sooo Cynda and I worked our TAILS off all tuesday studyin so we could go, and it was great fun, another little reminder of how much I love/miss the people I hung out with for six years of my life and don't see nearly enough since college.
Wednesday... Patho/pharm test. boo. Someone couldn't take it wed so we didn't get to find out how we did right after (as we usually do..) so monday if I'm pissed, that's prolly why. :P
Thursday... Went to the Hospitality House for the service project. Have found my new mission in life when I find the time (after school when I can devote more time to one thing). 'nuff said.
Friday... Whoohoo! parade, midnight madness same o same o
Saturday... game... GEEZ IT'S COLD!!!! Of course our team still can't win a game... but TAU BETA SIGMA can win the WILDCAT CUP!!! Hell YEAH!!
We flipped out. We're on the feild, finished with our show, finished with the homecoming court, listening to them announce it, standing at attention and they say our name first. We all screemed and hopped up and down hugging... AC threw her hat in the air lol it was hysterical... when we got back in the stands we were doing TBS chants and screaming it was so great. Our name got announced infront of 70,000 people, some of which were the SC TBS chapter, and my roomie was there with some of my buddies :) yay! So yeah, that pretty much brings you up to date on what's going on with the exception of the lots deeper stuff that I really don't feel like getting into cuz I'm in a good mood right now :)
Gonna go watch Gladiator w/ my roomie!
g'night!
Sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home